Saturday 23 July 2011


I am a big fan of the lace trend, which is set to continue for A/W. It can be super-girly, innocent and pretty, or darker and more mysterious, evocative of witches and secret gardens, as with the pieces for next season. Here I am in Whistles' Lorna lace dress, which I got for my birthday and wore to a wedding last weekend. I love it because its powdery pink colour is so girly. At first I thought it would be difficult to wear (or unflattering) because it's more boxy and covered-up than typical going-out dresses - I find strapless, short or backless dresses can be more flattering sometimes, weirdly. That's my gorgeous sister in the picture, who probably wouldn't be happy that her eyes are closed. It was the best shot I had of the dress...sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment